Singapore is a diverse city-state that brings in tourists from all over the world. People that visit the Little Red Dot do so for various reasons; some for business trips, some for holidays, and others for a preview to a potentially longer-term stay in the country. Whichever it is, an extended period of stay in Singapore means that anyone would need to find an ideal short-term accommodation to house them while they go about their work and city exploration activities.
The best type of short-term accommodation to suit such needs would be a serviced apartment. Serviced apartments in Singapore can offer similar levels of comfort as hotels but at a much lower cost. They offer the choice of flexibility, where one can choose the time of stay and leave whenever they need to. Unlike long term rentals, renting a serviced apartment does not require obligations for tenants to stay for long periods like a year or so.
Just like hotels, serviced apartments also offer excellent amenities, services, and spacious accommodation, but priced much more reasonably at affordable prices.
Another benefit that serviced apartments bring is that they tend to come fully furnished, meaning that tenants do not need to spend time and money purchasing more furniture or appliances during their extended stay in Singapore. Just like hotels, serviced apartments also offer excellent amenities, services, and spacious accommodation, but priced much more reasonably at affordable prices.
So, let’s say you are looking to find an excellent serviced apartment to stay in during your time here in Singapore. Here are some tips that can help you:
- When narrowing down serviced apartments to stay in, besides the bedroom, look for parlor and storage spaces. You’ll also want to look out for kitchen facilities such as a refrigerator, microwave, gas/electric stove, non-bathroom sinks, which will enable you to do simple household activities when needed.
- Check out the services that your serviced apartment offers. Most serviced apartments in Singapore provide basic housekeeping and shuttle services to make your stay as convenient and comfortable as possible. If by chance no such services are offered, you would want to consider the location of your serviced apartment. For instance, is your location near public transportation to enable ease of travel? Or does your serviced apartment provide complimentary breakfast?
- Some serviced apartment companies offer exclusive benefits to their clients. For example, certain companies have partnerships with local businesses that can offer special discounts to clients on food and beverages during their stay here in Singapore. If you are looking to enhance your stay experience, be sure to check out the full list of benefits that you can get from your serviced apartment.
- For a much more local experience, you may also want to consider flat-sharing and renting. You can rent fully furnished rooms from local apartment owners from websites such as PropertyGuru.com.sg and 99.co. These options can give you significant cost savings and also provide you with an insider’s view of life in Singapore, ideal if you are intending to move to Singapore more permanently in the future. Do take note of the minimum rental periods though; HDB flats at 6 months, while private properties like condos and landed houses are at 3 months.
- Do take note that certain practices such as subletting on a short-term basis is considered illegal in Singapore. When finding short-term accommodation, make sure to read the tenancy agreement before signing to avoid potential legal repercussions. If you are intending to stay anytime under 6 months, it is best to turn to a reliable licensed company to source the right serviced apartment for you.
As you search for the best short-term serviced apartments in Singapore, why not also take a look at our services? We have various accommodation options throughout the city available for you to enjoy during your time here in Singapore. Find out more about our services here today.